So, the looms at college are not generally as clean as I'd like them to be. This is to be expected as I'm a little bit odd when it comes to looms. My loom at home is tenderly cared for and loved whenever I see it. Which isn't often, sadly. But heyho.
Anyway, I was unhappy using shafts that had all sorts of random, bent, different sized heddles, many on the wrong way round and some crossing each other. So I found a couple of rounds of barely-used heddles in a cupboard and decided to take the old ones off and put the new ones on.
Also, I wanted to clean the loom anyway, as I am unhappy with the idea of weaving on an unclean loom, it seems like it'll make the cloth dirty. And I don't want dirty cloth.
So, for the first time in this establishment I have orderly heddles. And a clean loom.
I don't know if I mentioned that I managed to get texsolv put on all the looms instead of the manky old cotton string, so now we get better shedding. Hurrah! I love TexSolv, trust the Swedes to come up with a brilliant idea like that. Gotta love those Nordics, excellent people.
And that's the warp, ready to go. It has conductive yarn in it. But I'm playing my cards close to my chest as it's a secret project. Not, like, totally secret, but it'd be daft to throw it up on the internet where everyone can see. If I feel it's marketable I'll try to put some kind of open license on it so people can replicate it for personal and educational purposes and give me exclusive license to manufacture for profit. If such a thing is possible, pretty sure it can be done with software, so I don't see why not, in principle.